You are constantly working on growing your business, and your information technology (IT) infrastructure is often the last thing on your mind. However, your business continuity and disaster recovery plan needs to be updated, and you promised your employees that you would look into the new program from that cloud services company you spoke to a month ago.
A managed service provider (MSP) is what you need to take the stress of IT maintenance away. There are many managed service providers in Dallas. However, when looking to hire one, you must first understand what they do and how these companies approach pricing.
What are managed IT services?
Managed IT services (or managed services) consist of outsourced IT support that allows you to offload the management of your IT infrastructure onto a company specializing in digital technologies and their maintenance.
You can think of them as an off-site IT department whose sole responsibility is ensuring that your IT systems are operational throughout the year.
MSP services include:
- IT support
- Network management
- Microsoft 365 services and consulting
- General IT consulting
- Unified communications
- And more
Regardless of your company’s size, an MSP and its managed services aim to integrate into your business’s model with little to no disruption. Their service offerings vary based on the amount of support you want for your organization.
To keep it simple, remember these terms:
- Fully-managed services (or all-inclusive services): When an MSP becomes your company’s IT department. They will take care of all your technical needs.
- Co-managed services: When an MSP manages parts of your IT infrastructure alongside your in-house IT staff.
- Break/fix services: When an IT technician arrives on-site to diagnose and fix issues with your IT systems.
MSPs are fully equipped to handle the challenges of managing IT in today’s digital world. Their skills and expertise can help your company reach its fullest potential by optimizing your IT systems with innovative technology solutions.
How much do managed IT services cost?
The exact nature of the partnership you share with an MSP is outlined in a service-level agreement (SLA). This is a legal contract that maps out the expectations, protocols, pricing, and payment structure of the business arrangement.
While they can implement an hourly rate into their service agreements, MSPs are more likely to charge you following a monthly or annual scheme. Often, businesses acquire the fixed-fee model.
This plan sets a predictable monthly price for managed IT services. It usually covers an extensive range of services (including remote and on-site support, data backups, and more) and is determined by the number of users interacting with your system. Per user/per month, you can expect to pay $75 to $300.
Managed services can also be charged in other models. A few of these are:
- The per-device model: You will be charged based on the individual devices in your IT infrastructure.
- The block pricing (or retainer) model: Buy out a section of time for managed services.
- The tiered pricing model: The MSP will offer you scalable plans for a monthly fee. This arrangement is best suited for rapidly growing businesses that need IT services that match their changing requirements.
Every company has its own methods for doing business, and you will likely encounter different prices and rates when searching for an MSP. Managed service providers customize their services to reflect your business’s needs and IT systems. At no additional cost, you can ask them for a quote based on your business’s specific circumstances and the complexity of your network.
Giving an MSP the opportunity to analyze your IT infrastructure and your organization’s daily procedures prior to cementing a partnership is a sure-fire way of guaranteeing that your company’s resources and budget are going towards services relevant to you.
What to look for in an MSP
While pinpointing a clear-cut price of an MSP and its services can be tricky, there are ways you can narrow down the selection pool and choose the company that best fits your organization’s network, budget, and business goals.
Consider each of the following points when searching for an MSP:
- Comprehensive services: Managed services should cover a broad scope of solutions from cybersecurity to cloud maintenance.
- Certifications: Is the company certified in the latest programs and compliance regulations such as HIPAA?
- Proactive and short response times: How does the MSP monitor systems, and how quickly does it respond to issues? This information can often be found in Google reviews and online business directories.
- Transparency: A trustworthy MSP will keep you informed of your IT infrastructure and should be willing to answer any questions you have. Testimonials and case studies on their website can inform you of the company’s culture and work ethic.
- Expertise: All MSPs are well-versed in the ways of IT and are up to date with the industry.
Regardless of your business’s niche, your IT infrastructure deserves to be supported by an MSP who understands your organization’s objectives and the ways that your network can be used to achieve them.
Ask your managed service provider for a quote
No matter if you are a growing company or a small business in Dallas, managed IT services can keep your network operational 24/7/365. You have worked hard to build your business into a paragon of success, and it is important to ensure that your IT infrastructure can continue to support your efforts.
Here at PWR Technologies we offer a wide range of cost-effective managed services to small and medium-sized businesses like yours every day.
Talk to us today if you are looking for cutting-edge solutions from an MSP with a deep understanding of technology and business processes.